THESIS STATEMENT/Plan of Action:
Animated films become successful when -
- Studios take on challenging projects.
- When a studio decides to make a film that is risky and never done before, that's when there best work happens. Everyone is working around the clock, on there toes, making sure that the technology works in the film.
- Films are driven by creativity.
- If a person makes a film for the “audience,” they automatically disconnect themselves with that group. If a person makes a movie for themselves, without getting to off track, audiences will get engaged and find the film entertaining. Taking risks and failing are good for creative improvement.
- The quality of the story is always the central goal.
- Story is the most important aspect of the movie- (Catmull, 2014). Audiences want to hear a good story- (Glebas, 2008). Neither technologies nor technological limitations, nor merchandising can influence a story. The story has to influence all of those things.